We're recruiting student workers for Reunions

Wednesday, Mar 21, 2018

Are you interested in being a part of the Reunions experience? Then consider joining us as a student worker. If you agree to work for Campus Dining during Reunions you must be available to work any shift on both Friday, June 1 and Saturday, June 2. In addition, a mandatory meeting for students who are hired will be held in early May.

How do I sign-up?

Complete our online form. If you sign up and then find other employment, or would like to be removed from the wait list, please e-mail Donna Pilenza before April 14.

Who is eligible to work Reunions?

Any currently enrolled Princeton University undergraduate student may be considered for employment. In addition, Undergraduate students must complete and submit an I-9 form to the Office of Student Employment to be considered eligible to work on campus.  Graduate students are not eligible to work as dining student employees during Reunions.

What is the position for which I am applying?

You are applying for a waitstaff position. Your duties may include setting tables, taking meal tickets, serving and cleaning up after meals.

Where will I work?

Reunions events occur at locations throughout the campus. You will choose a dining hall location which will be your home base during Reunions. You are NOT guaranteed your first preference, but every effort will be made to accommodate your request. Please select your location carefully as requests to change locations will likely be denied.

What will I get paid?

The waitstaff rate of pay is $11.75 per hour.

When and for how long will I work?

You will be able to work a varied number of shifts during the Reunions weekend. Shifts begin on Thursday, May 31 and end Tuesday, June 5.  As part of your commitment to work for Campus Dining you will be provided with Interim Housing.  You will also be provided with a meal during a shift that you work. For example, if you are assigned a lunch shift on Friday, you will be provided with lunch, but you will not be provided with breakfast or dinner.

How will I be notified of the unit and shifts I have been assigned to work?

You will receive an e-mail from Donna Pilenza on or before May 1 indicating the unit you have been assigned to work during reunions. The student coordinator from that unit will contact you directly with scheduling information by mid-May.

Will I be required to sign an agreement?

When you receive your schedule from your student coordinator you are required to sign a form agreeing to the shifts you have been assigned. This document also includes an agreement requiring you to pay a fine of $100.00 to cover the cost of your room if you miss a shift.

Why do I need to sign up for Twitter?

Reunions student workers are encouraged to follow Campus Dining on Twitter by signing up here. Reunions workers will receive tweets to communicate shift updates and other important information during and before Reunions.

How do I get paid?

In order to be hired and paid by the University, a student worker must have the necessary I-9 payroll form (employment eligibility verification) on file with the Student Employment Office (West College) prior to signing up to work for Campus Dining. You will not be able to access the on-line registration to work for Campus Dining if you have not completed the required payroll forms.  For your reference, the I-9 form is available on the Student Employment Web site. Paychecks are distributed on June 13 for days worked between May 21 and June 3.

The University strongly encourages students who work to sign up for Direct Deposit. Direct Deposit Account information may be added viewed or changed using the self-service. To do this, you should log in to Tiger Hub and enter the self service area. By clicking on the Direct Deposit link found in the Payroll section, you will be able to add, view or change your banking information.

The pay detail is available online (see View Paycheck) and may be printed if a hard copy is needed.

Questions regarding self-service should be directed to the Payroll Office at payroll@princeton.edu or you may view step-by-step guides on the Office of Finance and Treasury website.

All students without direct deposit will be required to pick up their checks at the Financial Services Center located on the 7th floor of New South Building. If checks are not picked up prior to leaving campus, they will be available in September upon your return. Checks will not be mailed to your home address.

What should I wear?

The waitstaff dress code is black trousers/skirts and white button down shirts, bow-ties (provided by Campus Dining) and black closed toe shoes (no flip-flops, sneakers or sandals please). Dress code for the dish room does not require black and white, but does require closed toe shoes.

How do I get interim housing?

When you sign up to work for Campus Dining your name is submitted for interim housing. If you are deemed not eligible to work by the Student Employment Office you will forfeit your interim housing.  If you fail to report for any of your assigned shifts, you will be charged $100. per shift to offset the cost of your housing.

When does interim housing begin and end?

Students may move in to their interim housing assignment on the Sunday before Reunions, between 1 and 4 p.m. Students must vacate their interim housing assignments by noon the day after commencement. Details about interim housing may be found on the Undergraduate Housing website in early April.

Will Campus Dining provide a reunions wristband to student workers?

Campus Dining does not distribute wristbands to student workers.

If you'd like to participate in Reunions you may purchase a wristband from the Office of Alumni Affairs.

  • Interim Housing students must register for a wristband in person. PLEASE NOTE: Online registration is no longer offered.
  • $65/person (payment by Visa, MasterCard and American Express only)
  • Students must present a valid TigerCard and a valid photo driver's license or passport at registration and wristband distribution in the Frist Campus Center, MPR

How do I get additional questions answered?

If you have any additional questions, email Donna Pilenza with ”Question about Reunions" in the subject line.