Welcome! To our first-year students; we are excited to finally meet you! To our returning students; welcome back. We’ve missed you! It’s been a long few years, but we are excited to be back on track with programing, reopening retail locations across campus, and offering opportunities for you to be more involved with Campus Dining.
Throughout the year, you will notice we are hosting a few new events. In addition to our health and wellness pop-ups, commitment to sustainability, and delicious menus, we will begin holding small monthly chef’s tables in select dining halls that you can register for. These tables will give you a chance to better get to know our team members. We will also be hosting a guest chef in celebration of Native American Heritage month. During the week of November 14, we will be hosting two open forums and tastings. Stay tuned for dates and registration opportunities for both programs.
Lastly, in support of the University’s mission to foster and enhance a collaborative student experience, the dining hall seating is open to everyone at Yeh/New College West (NCW) Dining Hall. To do this, we will be piloting a new system for entering the servery. Where traditionally you scan your TigerCard before entering the dining hall, at Yeh/NCW you will scan your card after you have entered the dining hall and before you enter the servery. This allows meal plan holders access to the servery, but the dining hall seating is now open to everyone. We all hope that this will help build an even stronger sense of community that Princeton is known for.
To get you started in the dining halls, we’ve broken down a few helpful links below that you can reference. We look forward to welcoming you to your first meal of the 2022-2023 academic year.
Welcome to Princeton,
Your Campus Dining Team
Helpful Links on Campus Dining’s Website
Please note that dining programs are depending on meal plans and/or class year.
New in Residential Dining Halls
- There’s a new dining hall on campus! The Yeh/New College West Dining Hall will open this fall.
- Campus Dining is committed to sustainability in the dining halls. COVID regulations hindered some of Campus Dining's progress in waste reduction, but this year, Campus Dining is returning to the established residential dining hall model and take-out containers will no longer be available. If you need something on the go, you can participate in the lunch-to-go or late meal program.
- Daily menus and allergens can be found on menus.princeton.edu.
- If you have special dietary needs, you may schedule an appointment with the Campus Wellness Dietician, Puneet Sethi, by emailing email@example.com.
- New programs including special chef’s tables and guest chef events are coming to Campus Dining. Keep an eye out in the dining halls (posters, napkin inserts, and electronic signage) and on Campus Dining for information about dates and registration.
New in Retail Dining
- All satellite cafes across campus will be open. Hours of operation will be posted later this summer.
- There will be new stations and menus at Frist Food Gallery.
- Campus Dining is expanding their retail options: Frist Food Gallery will have grab-and-go halal and kosher menu items available, as well as items from local Princeton retailers.
Get involved with Campus Dining
- Work for Campus Dining. Several job opportunities will be available this fall and posted on JobX.
- Join Campus Dining's student committee, which gives Campus Dining feedback on programming, helps promote exciting new events, and more. Information about joining this group will be available on the Campus Dining this fall. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Campus Dining's Txt and Tell program is back! Ask Campus Dining a question or send your feedback about anything ranging from food to customer service. Each dining hall will have its own code, so look out for the Txt and Tell signage in the dining halls and retail locations.
Year-round Campus Dining resources
Descriptions of meal plans, menus, and the numerous dining programs that Campus Dining offers are always available on dining.princeton.edu. You will also find locations, hours of operations, recipes from the Campus Dining team, and contact information.