Reunion student workers needed

Thursday, Mar 21, 2019

Campus Dining offers students the opportunity to be a part of the Reunions experience by becoming a student worker. If you agree to work for Campus Dining during Reunions you must be available to work any shift on both Friday, May 31 and Saturday, June 1. 
A mandatory meeting for students who are hired to work reunions will be held in early May. 

Who is eligible to work reunions?

Any currently enrolled Princeton University undergraduate student may be considered for employment. In addition, Undergraduate students must complete and submit an I-9 form to the Office of Student Employment to be considered eligible to work on campus.  Graduate students are not eligible to work as dining student employees during Reunions.

What is the position for which I am applying?

You are applying for a waitstaff position. Your duties may include setting tables, taking meal tickets, serving and cleaning up after meals.

Where will I work?

Reunions events occur at locations throughout the campus. You will choose a dining hall location which will be your home base during Reunions. You are NOT guaranteed your first preference, but every effort will be made to accommodate your request. Please select your location carefully as requests to change locations are difficult to grant.

What will I get paid?

The waitstaff rate of pay is $11.75 per hour.

When and for how long will I work?

You will be able to work a varied number of shifts during the Reunions weekend. Shifts begin on Thursday, May 30 and end Tuesday, June 4.  As part of your commitment to work for Campus Dining you will be provided with Interim Housing.  You will also be provided with a meal during a shift that you work. For example, if you are assigned a lunch shift on Friday, you will be provided with lunch, but you will not be provided with breakfast or dinner.

How will I be notified of the unit and shifts I have been assigned to work?

You will receive an e-mail from Donna Pilenza on or before April 26 indicating the unit you have been assigned to work during reunions. The student coordinator from that unit will contact you directly with scheduling information by mid-May.

Will I be required to sign an agreement?

When you receive your schedule from your student coordinator you are required to sign a form agreeing to the shifts you have been assigned. This document also includes an agreement requiring you to pay a fine of $100.00 to cover the cost of your room if you have an unexcused absence.

How do I get paid?

In order to be hired and paid by the University, a student worker must have the necessary I-9 payroll form (employment eligibility verification) on file with the Student Employment Office (220 Morrison Hall) prior to signing up to work for Campus Dining. You will not be able to access the on-line registration to work for Campus Dining if you have not completed the required payroll forms.  For your reference, the I-9 form is available on the Student Employment Web site. Paychecks are distributed on June 12 for days worked between May 20 and June 2 and hours worked between June 3 and June 16 are paid on June 26.

Direct Deposit

The University strongly encourages students who work, to sign up for Direct Deposit.  Direct Deposit Account information may be added viewed or changed using the self-service.  To do this, you should log in to Tiger Hub and enter the self service area.  By clicking on the Direct Deposit link found in the Payroll section, you will be able to add, view or change your banking information.  The pay detail is available online (see View Paycheck) and may be printed if a hard copy is needed.
Questions regarding self-service should be directed to the Payroll Office at or you may view step-by-step guides on the Office of Finance and Treasury website.


All students without direct deposit will be required to pick up their checks at the Financial Services Center located on the 7th floor of New South Building. If checks are not picked up prior to leaving campus, they will be available in September upon your return. Checks will not be mailed to your home address.

What should I wear?

The waitstaff dress code is black trousers/skirts and white button down shirts, bow-ties (provided by Campus Dining) and black closed toe shoes (no flip-flops, sneakers or sandals please). Dress code for dishroom does not require black & white, but does require closed toe shoes.

How do I get Interim Housing? 

When you sign up to work for Campus Dining the department submits your name for interim housing.  If you are deemed not eligible to work by the Student Employment Office you will forfeit your interim housing.  If you have an unapproved absence for any of your assigned shifts, you will be charged  $100. 00 per shift to offset the cost of your housing.

When does Interim Housing begin and end?

Students may move in to their interim housing assignment on the Sunday before Reunions, between 1 and 4 p.m. Students must vacate their interim housing assignments by noon the day after commencement. Details about interim housing may be found on the Undergraduate Housing website in early April.

Will Campus Dining provide a reunions wristband to student workers?

Campus Dining does not distribute wristbands to student workers.
If you'd like to participate in Reunions you may purchase a wristband from the Office of Alumni Affairs.

  • Interim Housing Students must register for a wristband in person. PLEASE NOTE: Online registration is no longer offered.
  • $65/person (payment by Visa, MasterCard and American Express only)
  • Students must present a valid TigerCard and a valid photo driver's license or passport at registration and wristband distribution in the Frist Campus Center, MPR


If you have any additional questions, send them to with “Question about Reunions" in the subject line.
How do I sign-up?
Sign up online at the link below:
If you find other employment and would like to be removed from Campus Dining list please e-mail Donna Pilenza before April 12.