Kohlrabi Slaw with Cilantro, Jalapeño, and Lime
From Chef Dan Maher, CEC
- 6 cups kohlrabi, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup red pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ of a jalapeño, minced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup chopped scallion
- zest of one orange, plus more for garnish
- zest of one lime, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ cup honey (or agave syrup)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
Separately, whisk all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
Toss the dressing with the salad and refrigerate until serving.
Garnish with extra zest and cilantro.
A message to our community
As we acclimate to the new ways on campus, I realize so much has changed in just a few days. Some of the things that gave me the most joy, such as meeting with our students, talking with you during special events, or meeting my colleagues can no longer happen in the same way, at least for the time being. Along with my team, I wanted to think of ways to keep our connections alive, continue to show our care, and engage with our community. That being said, we are starting a new series called, Care.Connection.Community through which we will share messages with you.
Stay healthy and be well,