Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I change my meal plan?
Changes that result in an increase can be made at any time. Changes that result in a decrease may be made once each semester during the dates below by visiting http://hres.princeton.edu/, click on "My Housing for Undergraduates" and log on using your Princeton netID and password, then click on "My contracts".
- Fall Semester Changes: September 30, 2019 through October 5, 2019
- Spring Semester Changes: February 3, 2020 through February 9, 2020
See Terms and Policies for additional details.
- What is the fee for break period meal plans?
Students with the unlimited meal plan are automatically enrolled in the recess meal plan. Registration is not required. Break plans allow one brunch and one dinner swipe daily (not unlimited meal swipes).
Students with block plans and students without a meal plan have two meal plan options during recess.
1) The Traditional recess meal plan include two meals daily (not unlimited meal swipes); brunch and dinner. The plan fee is 195.00. A prorated fee will be charged if you register after recess has begun.
2) The Block 5 plan allows for a total 5 meals during recess for a cost of $72.00.
In either case, a student must register with Campus Dining if they are planning to take meals during a break period. Registration information is announced via e-mail and posted to the website before each break period.
Guest meals, meal exchange, and two extra meal per week programs are not available during break periods.
- What is my suggested meal plan balance?
You can use your meal plan strategically by reviewing the suggested remaining balance at different points during the semester.
- Can I eat in a dining hall if I don't have a meal plan?
Upperclass students without a meal plan may use the Two Extra Meals program.
Members of the University community without a meal plan — including students, faculty and staff — may eat in any dining hall at current single meal rates with a student charge, Paw Points, Tower Cards, or a department charge.
You will need to show your TigerCard to gain access. Be sure to let the card checker know which method you are choosing so that your account will be credited properly.