The Meal Exchange Program makes it possible for students with meal plans to dine with their friends at eating clubs without spending additional funds. Administered jointly by the Inter-Club Council and Campus Dining, the program includes club-to-dining hall exchanges as well as club-to-club exchanges.
The program will begin on the Monday, three weeks prior to fall break, except during any recess period when contract meals are not served, and will end the Friday before House Parties weekend.
To initiate an exchange, visit www.princeton.edu/mealx.
Club-to-Dining Hall Exchanges
At a dining hall, students can host multiple students, as long as none of the participants have already dined during that meal period at either a dining hall or a club.
All residential dining halls participate in the program. Participating clubs are identified prior to the start of the program. The 2 Dickinson Street and Brown co-ops are excluded.
The following rules apply:
- Meal exchanges are limited to Sunday dinner through Friday lunch. Other limitations may be imposed by the individual dining facilities.
- Both halves of the meal exchange must be completed within 30 days. A reminder for incomplete exchanges will be sent to students 5 days prior to the expiration of the 30 days. A charge is made to the host student if the exchange is not complete.
- A dinner must be exchanged for a dinner, a lunch for a lunch, and a breakfast for a breakfast.
- The program can be used only for meals covered by the board contracts of both the guest student and the host student.
- Students wishing to participate must log into the mobile-friendly website and create an invitation to exchange a meal with a club member. (Club members may invite Campus Dining contract holders.)
- Meal exchange cannot be used at the Frist Campus Center.
- Misuse of the program results in a meal charge to the student’s account for the corresponding meal.
This year the program was expanded to include exchanges between eating club members. To see if a club participates and for rules, please contact a club manager.
All questions related to club-to-club exchanges should be directed to a club manager.